Is the extinction of today's accountant inevitable? A Panel debate.
ACCA invites you to our much anticipated, year-end event. You will hear from a panel of industry specialists across accounting, industry, academia and recruitment who will discuss and debate the future of accountants as we know them. Recently, News Limited media featured stories suggesting that accountants were among the Top 5 jobs facing extinction.
Our Panel will question issues including:
· The decreasing number of accounting positions– particularly at entry and mid-level, due to offshoring, automation and general cost pressures
· Whether accounting skills are still vital for the effective management of organisations
· How will accountants of the future gain their entry level experience
· What will accountancy career paths look like in the future
· How will the education of future accountants need to evolve to address these workplace changes
Through exploring this provocative topic, we aim to gain a better understanding of how accountants will remain critical to the future of business and what we, as a profession, need to do to adapt to the new world order.
It will also be a great night for networking with your ACCA colleagues and achance to meet new contacts.
Thursday, 21 November 2013
6.30pm - 8.30pm
*a 3 course meal and drinks will be provided
Royal on the Park
$65pp (EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT) – Register by Wednesday, 30 October
*One hour of learning is equal to one CPD unit. According to ACCA's CPD policy, you can count this towards your verifiable units if you can apply the learning in your career..